Skip to content
Registration & Enrollment Policies
- To secure enrollment in a course, full tuition payment is required. The Steel Yard does not take partial payments or installation payments.
- Every course has a set capacity, we do not over-enroll courses.
- Register for courses online here or by calling the office at 401-273-7101 to register over the phone.
SAFETY & BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS
- Courses are limited to Individuals aged 15 and up.
- All students must sign a Liability Waiver in order to participate in the course. Youth under the ages 15-18 must have a parent or guardian sign a liability waiver to participate in the course. Students who do not, or cannot, sign the Liability Waiver will not be able to participate in the course.
- The policy and intent of The Steel Yard is to provide equal opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or gender identity, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sex, or age. The Steel Yard does not tolerate violence, harassment, or hate speech of any kind.
- Students must abide by the Studio Safety Guidelines while in the shop. These guidelines are posted in each studio for easy access. Anyone in violation of the Studio Safety Guidelines can be subject to consequences, including, but not limited to, immediate dismissal from courses without refund.
COURSE CHANGES & CANCELLATION
- The Steel Yard reserves the right to cancel, reschedule, or change the instructor for any course, without notice.
- In instances of inclement weather or last-minute emergencies, The Steel Yard staff will contact students ahead of time and to reschedule the affected course(es).
- A minimum number of enrollments are needed to cover course expenses, courses may be canceled due to insufficient enrollments.
- If a course is canceled, enrolled students will receive a full refund, which will be processed within 5 business days of the cancelation.
COURSE WITHDRAWAL & TRANSFER
- No portion of tuition will be refunded or transferred if a withdrawal is made in less than 5 business days before the start of the course. There are no exceptions.
- Students wishing to withdraw from a course must do so at least 5 business days before the first day of course to receive a refund, less a $5 withdrawal administrative fee.
- Course registrations are not transferable to other students unless a request is made at least 5 business days before the first day of the course for which the student originally registered.
- Students can transfer to another course if the request is made at least 5 business days before the first day of the course for which they originally registered.
- Arrangements may be made for students impacted by COVID-19; in which case, last minute withdrawals will be accommodated with documentation of a COVID-19 test (confirmation of appointment) for the student or their household member.
- Students may join a waitlist for courses that have no available enrollments.
- Joining the waitlist does not guarantee the student a spot in the course, should an enrollment become available.
- If an enrollment becomes available, all individuals will be notified of the open position.
- At that point, anyone (including those not on the waitlist) may be able to purchase the vacated enrollment.