Apply to take a free course
The Steel Yard offers scholarships for students who may not otherwise be able to afford to enroll in a welding, blacksmithing, jewelry or ceramics course. Whether you’re new to the Yard or you’ve been here before, we want to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to learn a new art form or a trade that promotes experimentation and personal growth.
Scholarships can be applied to one full course registration in any of our departments. These scholarships are offered on a rolling basis to individuals who show a combination of commitment to learning as well as a need for financial assistance. Awards must be applied within one year of the date of receipt.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply please be prepared to provide:
- A statement outlining the specific course or department you’d like to enroll in, what skills you want to develop, and why you are interested in taking a course at The Steel Yard.
- A brief statement of financial need
- A Google email account. Please note: The application is powered by ‘’Google Forms’ and requires applicants to have a google account in order to upload required documents.
- Apply online by filling out The Steel Yard Educational Scholarships Form
- OR, apply by filling out this printable PDF
The Allyn Scholarship
The Heintz Scholarship
The Nadeau Scholarship
The Kane Scholarship
The Campbell Memorial Scholarship
Each award is named in honor of an individual who helped establish The Steel Yard’s core educational departments and who dedicated their time, skill, and resources to the success of these art forms at the Yard, and in the community.
Please note that Steel Yard course Registration and Enrollment Policies apply to the course selected by scholarship recipients. Awards are neither transferable nor may they be deferred.
The Steel Yard is committed to diversity and inclusion. It is the policy of The Steel Yard that there shall be no discrimination with respect to race, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, gender, age, physical limitations or military status.