COVID 19 AND THE YARD
COMMUNITY UPDATES AND RESOURCES
UPDATED JUNE 30, 2020
There is a reason we say measure twice and cut once. As we begin to come back to work we trust you are being safe, and we want you to trust that we are also being safe. Please take the time to review these protocols and read our program updates.
- Any person entering the studio must use the main lobby entrance
- All staff, artists, and visitors will be required to wear the correct personal protective equipment (PPE) while in the studios. This means wearing a mask or face covering (ex. N95, cloth mask, bandana, scarf, etc.), and eye protection.
- There will be a sanitizing station and sign-in station upon entrance to the lobby.
- Follow the Five: Stay home when you can, keep a safe distance, wash hands often, cover your cough. And, if you’re not feeling well call ahead, and don’t come in if you aren’t sure.
OUR SANITATION PRACTICE
- We will be sanitizing all common surfaces and touchpoints on a daily basis 2 times per day (door handles, knobs, switches, bathrooms, etc.)
- There will be sanitizer and paper towel stations available throughout the main office building and in all studios.
- There will be increased signage and instructions added throughout the main office building and studio with suggestions and new information about procedures regarding Covid-19.
ENTERING THE LOBBY
- The lobby door will be locked if you have an activated access code use it to enter the building. If you are a visitor or do not have an access code ring the doorbell/ call your person of contact to let you in.
- Upon entrance to the lobby any visitor, artist, or staff will be presented with a sanitizing station; all persons entering the studio must use hand sanitizer provided.
- Studio users must sign in every time you are entering the studio for the day.
- PPE will be required at all times.
- All persons in the studio are required to practice social distancing – staying 6 ft apart whenever possible.
- There will be clearly marked social distancing reminders in the shop.
- All persons are required to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
- All persons working in the shop are encouraged to not touch your face (nose, mouth, and ears) to help stop the spread of germs.
- Shared tools will be sanitized after use by the user. Sanitizer is provided in each shop (ex. drill press, stand up sander, bandsaw, table vise, welder, kick-wheel, pugmill, etc.)
- If you start to feel sick while at work or in the studio go home immediately.
- If you are sick or come in contact with someone sick we ask that you stay home.
Office hours in both the main office and studio office have resumed, Monday through Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM. We are accepting appointments scheduled in advance only. Please message email@example.com or call 401-273-7101 with any questions.
Public tours of The Steel Yard campus and studio are currently unavailable. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
SECOND SATURDAY VOLUNTEER DAY
SUMMER YOUTH CAMPS
Open enrollment courses will be returning to the Yard soon but are currently unavailable for registration. We are accepting Scholarship applications. Check out our new Private Instruction opportunities in the meantime. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
COMMUNITY STUDIO ACCESS
Community Studio Access is available again with a new pre-registration process. Access currently requires the Community Studio Access Request Form. It must be completed at least a 24 HOURS prior to the requested access date. Currently, we only offer Studio Access on Thursdays from 3-6 PM. We will be expanding our hours in the near future to include a weekend time slot. Please submit one form per attendee. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding registration.
SITE RENTALS & EVENTS
We are not offering site rentals at The Steel Yard for public & private events during summer 2020. Fall events at the Yard are currently under review. We encourage anyone interested in hosting an outdoor event at The Steel Yard for the 2021 season to fill out the Event Request Form. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
Residents have returned to The Steel Yard studio with 24/7 shop access. Check out their home studios here and view the 2019-2020 Virtual Resident Artist Gallery here. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Projects Artists have returned to The Steel Yard studio and we are currently working on several exciting projects. Applications for the next session of our Workforce Training program will be available this summer. Please contact email@example.com with questions about public art & commissions or our Workforce Training Program.
We continue to monitor the evolving coronavirus situation closely and follow the guidance provided by the Governor and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). To learn more about COVID-19, at-risk groups, and how to protect yourself, the CDC has information available at www.cdc.gov.